Need to whip up some guacamole super fast? Try this simple recipe below for fresh delicious guacamole to go with your Mexican feast or pair it with one of these tasty options:
- Unsalted tortilla chips
- Warm pita bread strips
- Baked pita chips
- Carrot/cucumber/celery sticks
- Red, orange or yellow bell pepper sticks
- Apple slices
- Pretzel sticks
- Vegan ‘cheese’ shreds and whole-wheat/corn tortillas as mini ‘roll-ups’
- Zucchini crisps
- In lettuce leaves as ‘mini-wrap’ sandwiches with refried beans, cooked black beans or chickpeas, tomatoes, bell pepper slices, onions…whatever ingredients you like!
It’s easy enough that you can enlist your little kitchen helper to mash together the ingredients. Pictured here is my kindergarten daughter’s final creation!
Using avocados, this recipe is full of healthy fats, and is naturally dairy-free, egg-free, oil-free and gluten-free too.
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (diced)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice (more if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (more if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper (more if desired)
Peel and mash the avocadoes in a bowl using the back of a fork.
Add all the other seasonings into the bowl and mix well together. Ready to serve!
Feel free to add in more onion, salt or ground black pepper as desired. If you would like a deeper and richer flavor, chill the bowl for 30 minutes in the refrigerator after all the ingredients are mixed together before enjoying. This refrigeration time will let the flavors blend beautifully together for a greater 'mouth popping' flavor!